What is SoyFACE?
- Soybean Free Air Concentration Enrichment
- Field conditions mimic the future's atmosphere, temperature, and soil
- Connect physiological responses of crops under these conditions to their genes (aka mapping)
What is a recombinant inbred line population?
Method for mapping traits
- Two parents with variance in a certain trait (in this case, response to elevated carbon dioxide)
- The parents used: HS93-4118 and Loda
- Allows understanding of what regions (quantitative trait loci) respond to atmospheric change
Copyright is owned by the creator of this work.
Ortiz, Gabriela; Montes, Chris; and Ainsworth, Lisa, "Mapping Traits in a Soybean Recombinant Inbred Line Population" (2021). PRECS student works. 62.